You (yes, you) Are Meant to Facilitate Encounters!
by Bill Brady
Everyone is Meant to Facilitate Encounters!
- Facilitation is as fundamental and basic as breathing!
- And learning to walk!
Facilitation is spiritual walking!
- Every newborn begins to explore the world around them.
- Learning to explore heavenly realms is self-facilitation.
- Facilitation is learning to walk.
- You facilitate yourself into encounters with God.
- And you quickly begin sharing your discoveries with others.
- This is testimony.
- It is also facilitation.
- We are all meant to bring others into encounters with the living God!
There is a list of beginner’s encounters.
- The existence of a standard list of beginner’s encounters was revealed by encounter.
- The list itself is being revealed by encounter.
- Father took Beginner’s Encounter Group (BEG) to these places on our first meetings.
Here is a partial list of beginner’s encounters:
- The River
- The Garden
- The Tree of Life
- Coronation on the top of Mount Zion
- New Jerusalem
Everyone is already a facilitator.
- If you are a mother or a father, then you are a facilitator.
- If you were an older brother or sister, then you are a facilitator.
- If you have a job, then you are a facilitator.
- Of customers
- Or of fellow employees that you have shown how to do the job that you do.
- A facilitator is simply someone who shows someone else how to do something.
Every believer is meant to be a facilitator of encounters.
- There are basic experiences with God that every believer has.
- We call experiences with God an encounter.
- You had an encounter when you were born again.
- You have had many encounters since then.
You facilitate someone into an encounter when you show them how to have an experience with God.
- There are certain basic experiences with God that every believer is meant to have.
- Every believer can show someone else how to have those experiences.
- Every believer can lead someone else into these experiences.
- Every believer can facilitate encounters.
In the past we have thought of these kinds of skills as pastoral.
- They were skills that a pastor has and a congregation receives from the pastor.
- This is old wineskin thinking.
- We didn’t use the word “facilitate”.
- We used the word “ministry”.
- These skills were part of the “ministry” of pastors.
In this day all believers are kings and priests.
- We can all “facilitate”.
- We can all facilitate certain basic “encounters” / experiences.
I picture us like heavenly realms beginner’s encounter tour guides.
- Each of us will become comfortable with facilitating a beginner’s level encounter.
- Each will also learn to take beginners on a standard list of beginner’s encounters.
In this day of harvest every believer is meant to be able to facilitate encounters.
- It is not a skill just for the few.
- It is a skill for all.
- Get rid of anything that remains in your thinking from the old wineskin.
- Let go any thinking about “ministry”.
- And begin thinking about “facilitation”.
- Let go of ministry as being something that the few do.
- Chose to facilitate as something that everyone does.
Every believer is meant to be able to facilitate a standard list of encounters.
- Everyone new to group encounters will experience these beginning encounters.
- Every believer can lead other believers into each of these beginning encounters.
Facilitator Group is a place to practice before you facilitate your first Beginner’s Encounter.
- It’s not difficult.
- A little practice goes a long way.
- Many are choosing to facilitate in pairs.
- Register for Facilitator’s Group here: Register For Facilitator’s Group
Here is an Encounter that is at the heart of Facilitators Group.
- We met to train and God showed up to change us all.
- Facilitators Group Encounter