You May Have an Unknown Need
Bill Brady 9/10/18
We don’t have paid ministers.
- We see it as old wineskin.
- For two reasons.
- 1) We try not to minister. We try to facilitate others into their destinies.
- 2) We don’t pay facilitators.
This doesn’t mean that we don’t have bills to pay.
- We have the same bills to pay that you do.
- With the addition of some other bills like monthly payments for Zoom.
We rely on the Ecclesia to meet the needs of our facilitating fathers.
- Each is giving of themselves and of their time.
- This doesn’t mean that we aren’t working.
- Each of our facilitating fathers works hard.
- They make is seem easy.
- But that doesn’t mean that it is isn’t work.
- It is work.
- Hard work.
All of you who are parents know what it means to have concern for your children.
- Fathers have concerns about their children.
- Here is one of my biggest concerns for this family.
Some of us give.
- Some give consistently and generously.
- I am thankful to you for my sons who are facilitating fathers.
- And for myself.
But many have not been giving.
- This is a concern.
- But not just for our facilitators.
Our facilitators are each learning two needed lessons.
- Here is the first lesson that each of us needs to learn.
- Lesson #1:
”Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to [b]be abased, and I know how to [c]abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.” Philippians 4:11-12
- We each need to learn how to be content.
- Whether we are full and abounding or hungry and suffering need.
- We each desperately need to learn this lesson.
- Lesson #2:
”Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account.” Philippians 4:17
- Each facilitator needs to learn to look past their own need.
- To see the need of those who are and aren’t sharing with them.
- I have just recently learned this lesson.
- Which is why I am writing this page with no shame and no apologies.
We each have a need to give so that we will produce fruit.
- Paul wasn’t looking for a gift when he spoke of these things to the Philippians.
- He was looking for fruit that would abound to their account.
I have spoken of need.
- Real need.
- Just today a facilitating father contacted.
- Their phone bill and Zoom bill are due.
- They are unable to pay those bills.
- I sent money by PayPal to pay the bill.
- I share this so that you know that I myself give to support facilitating fathers.
- I’m not asking you to do something that I don’t do myself.
But this is not the real need.
- We each have this same need.
- We have a need to bear fruit.
Many bear no fruit.
- Some bear 30-fold.
- Some bear 60-fold.
- Some bear 100-fold.
- I believe that those who overcome bear fruit.
- I believe that those who are overcoming bear 100-fold fruit.
No one can bear fruit without sowing seed.
- We all have a need to bear fruit.
- We all have a need to sow seed.
- This is an even bigger need than the need to pay our bills.
If I didn’t believe this then I wouldn’t be writing to you.
Some are unable to sow financial seed for various very legitimate reasons.
- Your spouse controls the family finances.
- You live in a poor nation.
- Our one of many very real reasons.
If this is your case then seek other ways to sow into this family.