Bill Brady 10/1/18
This comes from revelation and encounter not Bible study.
It’s all about God’s names!
- We get the revelation of a name.
- We choose to receive that name.
Receiving a name is a choice on our part to believe in that name.
- As soon as we make that choice God chooses to consider us as righteous.
- He chooses to consider us as no longer being a sinner.
- A sinner is one who is not functioning in God’s name.
Our faith journey is into functioning in more and more of God’s names.
- It is a journey into more and more righteousness.
- And into less and less sinning.
- We stop habitually sinning when we come to rest early in our journey.
Our faith journey begins with believing who God is and what He does.
- By believing for the first time in His name YHVH.
- As new covenant believers that name is the name “Jesus”.
- Which is “YHVH Saves”.
In our time there is no other name under heaven by which a man may be saved.
- In order to be saved we must believe in this name.
- True faith results in becoming like Jesus.
- And beginning to do what He does.
- We become the name that we believe in.
What name did Abram believe in?
“After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”
But Abram said, “LORD God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!”
And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.”‘ Genesis 15:6
Abram believed in the name YHVH.
- YHVH is the name of the God who begets generations.
- Beginning with the generations of the heavens and the earth.
- Then with the generations of Adam.
“This is generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens… Genesis 2:4
- This is the first use of the word generations in scripture.
“This is the book of the generations of Adam.” Genesis 5:1
- This is the second use.
- Adam’s son Seth is the second generation.
The Bible is a book about the generations of man.
- It is about fathers and sons.
- Beginning with Adam.
- This is why the Bible is full of begats.
- And this one was the father of that one.
- The Bible is a book about fathers and sons.
Abram believed in the name YHVH.
- He chose to believe that he would become a father by begetting a son.
- How did Abram do this?
Remember how God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth?
- God the Son was functioning in His name “The Beginning” to create.
- Creating is speaking a word that is a seed.
- Creating is begetting.
- This is why “the heavens and the earth” is a “generation”.
This is more clearly seen in John’s description of the creation.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.” John 1:1-4
- Jesus new name is “The Word of God”.
- Jesus created all things by functioning in His name “The Word of God”.
- He spoke each thing into being by a word.
- Each word was a seed.
Jesus created the heavens and the earth and all things by begetting them.
- Jesus begot all things as a father.
- Jesus is still begetting all things including our salvation.
When Abram believed that he would become a father he was believing in Jesus.
- And that he would beget generations.
- Abram’s faith that he would become a father was counted to him as righteousness.
- Just like our faith in Jesus is counted to us as righteousness.
Our faith journey is a journey into one name of God after another.
- One of Jesus’ names is “King of kings and Lord of lords”.
- We become lords because we believe in Jesus’ name “Lord of lords”.
- We become kings because we believe in Jesus’ name “King of kings”.
Another of Jesus’ names is “Son of God”.
- We become a son of God because we believe in Jesus’ name “Son of God”.
- We come to function in sonship because of continued faith in that same name.
The first throne on our faith journey is the Throne of Righteousness.
- One of the names of God is “YHVH Our Righteousness”.
- You can now understand why it is the first throne.
Every heavenly city that we enter we enter by faith.
- Our faith journey is a journey into the names of God.
- One name at a time.
- By believing in one name of God at a time.
- Until we come to believe in them all.
- We come to have the same form that He has.
- And function as He functions.
Adam was originally created in the image of God.
- He was created to have the form / image of God.
- Because he had the form of God he began to function like God.
- Then he sinned.
Adam no longer had the full form and function of God.
- Neither did any of his generations.
- Because we are all born in Adam’s image.
- All of us are born as sons of Adam / sons of man.
- Adam’s image is a unrighteous person who is dying and will die.
- Then we are reborn into Jesus’ image as Son of God.
- We become sons of God.
Jesus put off His image as Son of God.
- To be born in the image of a son of man.
- Lived as a son of man.
- Died as a son of man.
- Took up His image as Son of God again.
He did this for us.
- We were created in the image of God = are sons of God.
- We were born in the image of Adam = son of Adam = son of Man.
- We are reborn in the image of God = son of God.
- As we grow up as sons of God we take on the image of the Son of God.
- And become functioning sons of God.
We believe in God’s names one after another.
- With faith in each name of God we become more like God in our form.
- And come to function in one name of God after another.
- Until we have our original form restored to that of Adam before the fall.
- We become functioning sons of God.
- We begin to function in all that Adam was originally able to function in.
- And more.
- Because Adam was meant to grow in his sonship to function in full sonship.
Today we are able to function in more names of God than Jesus did on earth.
- Because Jesus didn’t function in some of the names of God until later.
- Jesus did not become Ancient of Days until He sat on that throne.
- He sat on the Ancient of Days throne.
- He sat there after His resurrection and ascension.
- See Daniel 7.
This gives us understanding of the “greater works” that we are to do.
- They are not more of the same works that Jesus did while on earth.
- They are works that Jesus didn’t begin to do until He sat down on a throne.
- We can sit down on those same thrones.
- And do the same works that Jesus is doing today.
This is the best answer to a very important question.
- “Why is it important to see that heaven is for today and not for when we die?”
- We can now function in the same names that Jesus is now functioning in.
- We do this by functioning in heavenly places.
It’s all about the names of God!