Submitted to the body for dialog and further clarity. Those things that have been revealed belong to us all. We all can receive further revelation to further “connect the dots”.
The Three Separations of Sonship Part One
by Bill Brady
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
A sculptor was once asked how he was able to carve an angel out of a block of stone.
- The sculptor said, “It’s easy. I just carve away everything that’s not angel.”
- The sculptor separated the angel from all of the stone surrounding it.
- This left just angel.
When we are born again we are like that stone angel.
- We are a new creation inside an old creation.
- We are a new creation needing to be separated from our old creation.
We still need to be separated from three things.
- We need to be separated from the way that we have always done things.
- We need to be separated from being in charge of our own life.
- We need to be separated from experiencing a sense of self that is separate from our experience of oneness with God.
We need to be separated from the way that we have always done things.
- Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Anything that we say or do that is not like God won’t please Him.
- Anything that we say or do on our own apart from Him won’t please God.
The Bible calls things that we say or do “works”.
- We are to stop saying or doing anything on our own.
- How can we do this?
- We can try to stop doing things on our own by doing something about it.
- But then, that is doing something on our own to try to stop doing things on our own.
- There is a better way.
“For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.”
- God created the heavens and the earth is six days.
- On the 7th day God rested from all His works.
We come to rest from our works by entering into His 7th day rest from His works.
- The works that we are to turn away from are any works that we do on our own.
- As opposed to works that we do with Him.
Anything that we do or say apart from God does not have His life in it.
- God is alive.
- He is living.
- What He does has His life in it.
- God only does living works.
- Anything that we do apart from God is a dead work.
Works that we do with God are living works.
- They come from the flow of Holy Spirit.
- They also reflect our blueprint which is our destiny scroll.
- They are works of co-building with the Master Builder of the universe who is Jesus.
- And of flowing with the Holy Spirit.
- They are living works because Jesus is the Life.
- They are living works because Holy Spirit is the River of Life.
We are told, “Labor to enter into this rest.”
- We work to enter rest from our own works.
- And we come to enter His rest.
- How can we work to enter rest from our own works?
Jesus was once asked a question about this.
- “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
- Here is Jesus’ answer.
- “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
- The only work that we can do to come to rest from our own works is the work of faith in Jesus.
- It is the work of believing in Jesus’ work for us on the cross.
We can experience coming to rest from works that we do on our own.
- It is a being set free from doing and saying things on our own.
- It is a separation from doing and saying things on our own.
Death is a separation.
- When a person dies they are separated from us.
- The person who has died is separated from their body.
- (We know that this is only a temporary separation.)
We need to be separated from doing and saying things on our own.
- The Good News is that we already have been separated.
- We were separated when Jesus was separated.
- We died when Jesus died.
- We died once with Jesus when He died.
- “Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?”
- We were baptized with Jesus when He was baptized.
- “…one Lord, one faith, one baptism…”
- We became one with Jesus in this one death when we were baptized.
- Now we know this truth.
We can simply chose to believe it.
- Sin is doing anything apart from faith.
- Believe that you have already been separated from sin.
- When you believe you experience a separation.
- You are now free from sin.
- You enter into God’s rest.
Once we enter into God’s rest then we can enter into New Jerusalem.
- We can visit New Jerusalem many times before we enter into it.
- Entering in this sense is not the time that we first visit.
- Think of Jesus.
- He visited Jerusalem many times.
- Jesus entered Jerusalem the week before His crucifixion.
- His entering in as the acknowledged Christ.
- It was His Triumphal Entry.
- Our own triumphal entry into New Jerusalem is the end of us being our own king.
- Up until then we had two kings: ourselves and Jesus.
- Now we have one King.
- During our triumphal entry there will be a crowd cheering us on.
- We now enter into the beginning of our sonship.