The Importance of Heavenly Cities
Bill Brady Updated 11/30/2018
The pattern of the name / function of heavenly cities is revealed in New Jerusalem.
- Starting with her name.
- She is a new beginning of the holy city of Jerusalem.
- She prepares us as a bride for our husband.
Here are some other things that she is:
- She is a door.
- She is a foundation.
New Jerusalem (NJ) is a door.
- She is a door into union with Jesus as King into 12 aspects of His Kingship.
- She is a door to the heavenly cities who come afterwards.
New Jerusalem is a foundation.
- The Ecclesia is built up into 12 aspects of Jesus’ Kingship.
- These 12 aspects are a Foundation.
Here are some other things that have been revealed about NJ:
- She brings us into union with Jesus and one another.
- She becomes our dwelling place.
- She is The Way.
She brings us into union with Jesus and one another.
- We enter NJ as kings.
- We remain kings.
- We enter into the beginnings of sonship.
- We begin a Journey to become a bride.
- A bride prepared for union with her husband.
- We will become one with Jesus in the union of marriage.
- This will be in fulfillment of Jesus’ prayer in John 17.
She became our dwelling place.
- Jesus said, “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places.”
- NJ is the Father’s House.
- Jesus has a room in NJ.
- So do we.
- NJ becomes our permanent dwelling place.
NJ calls to the Ecclesia to enter her.
- The Spirit and the Bride says, “Come!”
- We hear the call of the Spirit and the Bride and enter NJ.
- Once we have become the Bride we join that call.
- And call others to come to NJ to enter in.
In entering NJ we enter into the Kingdom.
- In Zion we enter into inheriting the kingdom.
- In Everlasting we enter into possessing the kingdom.
NJ reveals to us the importance of heavenly cities.
- The pattern of name / function that we saw in NJ is repeated in the other cities.
- Each is a door to the next city.
- Each is built on the foundation of NJ.
- City of Zion is built on NJ.
- And Everlasting on Zion.
Each brings us into union with Jesus in one of His names.
- Each becomes our dwelling place.
- NJ is the Way and the Gate through which we enter.
- We enter NJ as Kings.
- Zion is the Truth.
- In entering Zion we enter into truth.
- We become Truth,
- We will walk about as Sons in Zion.
- We become able to say, “I am the truth.”
- Once we become a father we become able to impart truth.
City Everlasting is the City of the Everlasting attributes.
- We become one with Jesus as Everlasting Father.
- We become an everlasting father.
- This is our entrance into fathering.
- We become able to say, “I am an everlasting father.”
- We become one with Jesus as Everlasting Life.
- We become able to say, “I am everlasting life.”
- We become able to impart everlasting life and everlasting fathering.
- We become full of everlasting: everlasting life, fathering, love etc.
The purpose of these 3 cities is to unite the Ecclesia with Jesus.
- As the Way, the Truth and the Life.