The Importance of Heavenly Cities
By Bill Brady
The pattern of the name / function of heavenly cities is revealed in New Jerusalem.
- Starting with her name.
- She is a new beginning of the holy city of Jerusalem.
- She prepares us as a bride for our husband.
Here are some other things that she is:
- She is a door.
- She is a foundation.
New Jerusalem (NJ) is a door.
- She is a door into union with Jesus as King into 12 aspects of His Kingship.
- She is a door to the remaining heavenly cities.
NJ is a foundation.
- The Ecclesia is built up into 12 aspects of Jesus’ Kingship with NJ as the foundation.
- The remaining heavenly cities are built upon the foundation of NJ.
Here are some other things that have been revealed about NJ:
- She brings us into union with Jesus and one another.
- She becomes our dwelling place.
- She is The Way.
She brings us into union with Jesus and one another.
- We enter NJ as kings.
- We remain kings.
- We enter into the beginnings of sonship.
- We become a bride prepared for union with her husband.
- We become one with Jesus in the union of marriage.
- This is in fulfillment of Jesus’ prayer in John 17.
She became our dwelling place.
- Jesus said, “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places.”
- Jesus has a room in NJ.
- So do we.
- NJ becomes our permanent dwelling place.
NJ calls to the Ecclesia to enter her. She says, “Come!”
- We hear the call of the Spirit and the Bride and enter NJ.
- We then become part of that call.
In entering NJ we enter into the Kingdom.
- In Zion we enter into inheriting the kingdom.
- In Everlasting we enter into possessing the kingdom.
NJ reveals to us the importance of heavenly cities.
- The pattern of name / function that we saw in NJ is repeated in the other cities.
- Each is a door to the next city.
- Each is built on the foundation of NJ.
- Zion is built on NJ.
- And Everlasting on Zion.
Each brings us into union with Jesus in one aspect of His Kingship.
- Each becomes our dwelling place.
- Each has a named attribute of one of the Godhead.
Zion is the City of Truth.
- We become truth.
- We become able to say, “I am the truth.”
- Once we become a father we become able to impart truth.
City Everlasting is the City of the Everlasting attributes.
- We become one with Jesus as Everlasting Father.
- We become an everlasting father.
- This is our entrance into fathering.
- We become able to say, “I am an everlasting father.”
- We become one with Jesus as Everlasting Life.
- We become able to say, “I am everlasting life.”
- We become able to impart everlasting life and everlasting fathering.
- We become full of everlasting: everlasting life, fathering, love etc.
The purpose of each city is to unite the Ecclesia with a name of one of the Godhead.