Bill Brady 6/20/18
Here is a revelation of the promise that was given to Abraham.
- We are the City of God!
- We as the One New Man made up of the Bride united with the Bridegroom.
- This is the goal, the final product of the Upward Journey!
When you are shown the City of God it is a promise!
- It is a promise that you will finish the journey and be part of the City of God.
- You have seen.
- Seek to enter.
- Choose to finish the journey.
Seeing now that Abraham wasn’t looking for NJ.
- He was looking for the City of God.
Hebrews 11 (NKJV)
“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.”
However, NJ = the City of God.
- What we see in Rev 21 is the final fulfillment of the heavenly city.
- So, NJ is both the beginning and the end of truth.
- Truth = revelation = Torah = instruction.
- NJ is what we first enter to be crowned.
- And, as the City of God, she is also the culmination of all revealed truth.
- So she is both the beginning and the end of truth.
Abraham saw the city of God from afar off.
- In doing so he received a promise that he was not yet allowed to receive.
- We are given the privilege of seeing the same promise that Abraham saw.
- And of receiving that same promise.
- Go ahead and receive it.
The city of God is the end of the journey up through the cities.
- As with all ends, it is also a new beginning!