New Jerusalem: Entering Into Union With Jesus
By Bill Brady
Just before His death Jesus prayed,
- “… that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us”.
- His prayer is being answered when each of us enters New Jerusalem (NJ).
- His prayer will fully be answered when all believers have entered NJ.
This oneness is the oneness of the Shema,
- “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!
- The word translated as “one” is the Hebrew word “Echad”.
- When we enter NJ we become one with Jesus as the truth.
- And becasue Jesus is already one with Father we also become one with Father.
- And with Holy Spirit.
This oneness is illustrated by the oneness of a husband and wife.
- ‘For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.
- “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
- This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.’
The “great mystery” is the mystery of Christ and His Ecclesia.
- It is illustrated by the union of a man and wife.
- This great mystery involves the mystery of Jerusalem.
- Part of the mystery of Jerusalem is that the Ecclesia is united with Jesus in NJ.
We journey as kings going up to NJ.
- We may journey alone or together.
- But having entered NJ we begin to become one with Jesus.
- We become one with the Ecclesia.
The rest of your journey will be in oneness with the Eccelsia.
- Into ever increasing oneness with Jesus as head of the Ecclesia.