Bill Brady 9/7/18
How do you train as a soldier?
- As I wrote last time you begin by enlisting in the army of God.
What does it mean to enlist as a soldier in the army of God?
- It means that you are not a civilian any more.
- Civilians can do what they want to do.
- When and where and how and with whom they want to do it.
- And for any reason that they want to.
- Just because they want to.
Now that you are a soldier you no longer have those choices.
- You do what you are told to do.
- Where you are told to do it.
- When you are told to do it.
- How you are told to do it.
You have chosen to obey one and only one person.
- The one who enlisted you.
- Yeshua / Jesus your conquering King.
He is training you to become a conquering king yourself.
- And to join Him in the family business.
- Where you will come to function as a son working by His side.
After enlisting you show up for basic training.
- One day you will function as a son who is a general in this army.
- But right now you are going to learn how to fight as a soldier.
- You will begin at the beginning with the basics.
“He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 33:33-34
- You will be taught how to fight as a soldier.
- You will become spiritually fit to be a soldier.
- He will make you into a soldier.
- He will teach you how to make war.
- And set you in your high places.
What high places will you be set in?
- He will set you in your high place as a king’s son.
- You are a king’s son who needs to learn how to be a soldier.
- Who is a king.
- And a son.
What is a high place?
- Both king and son are high places.
- Above all authority and power of the enemy.
What does it mean to be set in a high place?
- First you prepare.
- And become.
- And learn to do from who you are.
- Not just from head knowledge.
- But from experience that becomes part of who you are.
You come to a place where you act instinctively as a king and then as a son.
- Then you are set in place.
- As a king.
- And then as a son.
Being set in place is a coronation.
- There is a preparing to do before being coronated.
- It all begins with enlisting as a soldier.
- And beginning your basic training.
Most of the Ecclesia has not enlisted to be a soldier.
- Many are not active at all.
- Many go to church and are Sunday morning spectators.
- Some are weekend warriors.
- Many are arm chair generals.
- All are deceived into thinking that they are following Jesus the Conquering King.
- Unless they have first truly enlisted as a soldier.
“You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops. Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.”
- As a soldier of Jesus Christ you are / become strong in Jesus’ grace.
- Because you are one with Him as Christ / King / Messiah.
- Which means that you too are a king.
You learn as a son from a spiritual father.
- You commit what you have learned from your father to faithful sons.
- Who are able to teach these same things to others.
You endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- You don’t entangle yourself in the affairs of this life.
- So that you will please Jesus your Conquering King.
- (Apart from faith it is impossible to please God.)
You serve as a soldier according to the rules.
- So that you will be crowned/coronated.
- You work hard.
You live what you teach.
- So that what you say is seed sown into others.
- That will produce a kingdom crop in them.
You have enlisted as a soldier.