By Bill Brady 7/1/18
This page reveals what I believe to be the ideal with respect to giving.
- We aren’t completely here yet, but this is where we are going.
- I would add anonymous giving to this as well.
- When giving is done anonymously, then no one is tempted to try to please a giver.
- And no one is tempted to try to control by giving.
We don’t believe in charging for revelation.
- We believe that this is wrong trading.
- We freely give away revelation that we have received.
- We do believe that we have the right to expect to be supported.
- While we are working to receive revelation by encounter for the Ecclesia.
- And to facilitate others into receiving revelation for themselves by encounter.
We believe that we are to emphasize giving as a key value.
- Without emphasizing who to give to.
- This is how Jesus taught giving.
- I don’t see Him ever asking for money.
- For Himself or for anyone else.
- He simply taught about giving.
- And supporting workers.
- In return He was supported by those that He taught.
Jesus taught that His apostles had the right to be supported.
- But He didn’t ask for any for them.
- He just taught the truth about giving.
Paul made his right to support clear.
- I don’t see him directly asking for support.
- It was very strongly taught, but never requested.
Is this distinction the difference between right trading and wrong trading?
- I think so.
- The difference is whether or not we have our hands out asking for support.
- If we do then it can be wrong trading.
- If we don’t then it is likely not wrong trading.
- Teaching the truth about trading benefits all.
Here is some truth about giving: Sharing in Giving and Receiving
I see simply posting the budget regularly.
- Along with reports of what we are doing.
- And what we are planning to do.
- And teaching regularly on trading.
This way we don’t have our hands out asking.
- And are not dependent on the Ecclesia for our support.
- We are trusting Father.
- He will supply.
- Primarily by raising up “benefactors”.
- See: Are you called to be a benefactor?
I see this as a transitional way to pay Zoom and other tech bills and support fathers.
- Until we start generating wealth some other way.
- See: How are you going to be supported as you begin fathering?