How to Do the Journey in Groups
Bill Brady 4/28/18 Updated 12/3/2018
There is a personal journey and a group journey.
- On our personal journey we grow up into Christ personally.
- On our group journey we grow up into Christ corporately.
- There needs to be a balance between our personal journey and our group journey.
Father puts us into families.
- He puts us into groups.
- Groups begin forming into benches of 12 as they start functioning governmentally.
- This process is a journey.
A group / bench has a destined journey.
- There is a beginning and a journey into group destiny reflecting a blueprint.
- Members of the group come and go according to their own personal destinies.
- Some groups have an end.
- Some groups have multiple endings and multiple new beginnings.
A group / bench has multiple activities meant to be balanced and flow by mandate.
- Find a joint mandate is a key skill in a group.
- One anothering.
- Governmental actions.
- Asking and answering questions.
All of these activities need to be present.
- For the group / bench to function fully.
- For the bench members to grow up into Christ fully.
A bench will…
- Grow up together as a bench into Christ.
- Grow into multiple members functioning as meeting facilitators.
- Grow into members facilitating each other on each other’s personal journeys.
A bench will always have visitors visiting bench meetings.
- To allow for cross-pollination.
- To allow for a constant flow of new members.
- To replace current members who are mandated to move on.
A bench is only as strong as the personal journeys of its members.
- We are all meant to give away revelation that we receive soon after receiving it.
- We can only give away what we already have.
- Group revelation becomes personal revelation.
- This happens when group members add that revelation to their personal journeys.
- Without this crucial step group revelation is little different than sight-seeing.
I believe that we each are destined to be part of a fully functioning bench of 12.
- We are all on a journey into understanding of benches of 12.
- We are learning by doing.
- And being tutored by the 7 spirits of God.
- Expect more to be revealed.
It is better to invest fully into a few benches.
- Rather than to invest partially into many.
- So that all needed elements of bench functioning can grow up in the bench.
- There will be a journey from being on many groups / benches to being on few.
- With this will come a maturing of benches into full functioning.