Do you know how to do Spiritual Work?
Bill Brady 12/16/2018
‘But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Therefore He says:
“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ… ‘ Ephesians 4:7-8, 11-12
We are all meant to be equipped so that we can do the work of the Ministry.
- Do you know what the work of the ministry is?
- Do you know how to do the work of the Ministry?
- Have you been equipped?
- Maybe this is all new to you.
- Read on to find out how to be equipped!
Jesus Christ gave 5 Offices to you to train you to do the work of the Ministry.
- Shepherd (This is not the modern job of Pastor.)
The Offices equip the Saints to do the work of the 5 Ministries.
- Apostolic Ministry
- Prophetic Ministry
- Evangelistic Ministry of Preaching the Gospel.
- Shepherding Ministry of gathering the Saints.
- Teaching Ministry.
5 Office(s) are given as gifts to men to Equip the Saints for the work of the Ministry.
- The Work of the Ministry is made up of the work of 5 Ministries.
Here is how the 5 Offices function.
- Office of Apostle equips the Saints to do the work of Apostolic Ministry.
- Office of Prophet equips the Saints to do the work of Prophetic Ministry.
- Office of Evangelist equips the Saints to do the work of Evangelist.
- Office of Shepherd equips the Saints to do the work of Shepherding Ministry.
- Office of Teacher equips the Saints to do the work of Teaching Ministry.
Here is how the 5 Ministries function.
- Those in Apostolic Ministry are Sent to begin a new work in a new place.
- Those in Prophetic Ministry Prophesy to Saints and men.
- Those in Evangelistic Ministry Preach the Gospel(s) to Saints and men.
- Those in Shepherding Ministry Gather together.
- Those in Teaching Ministry Teach Saints and men.
Every Saint is to do the work of the Ministry somewhere.
- When we don’t see someone doing the work of the Ministry we may ask a question.
- Have you been equipped to do the work of the Ministry?
They may have no understanding of the question.
- This is because they don’t know anything about the Ministry.
- Or they may think that only ordained Ministers do the work of the Ministry.
- Or they may be ministering somewhere else.
All in this OUB House are meant to be doing the work of the Ministry in this House.
- It may be that you need to transition into working in this House.
- It may be that we need to equip you to do the work of the Ministry in this House.
- You may need both.
The 5-fold Offices and the 5 Ministries function in two spheres of influence:
- In the Church
- In the Kingdoms / Nations of the World
- The same 5 Offices and Ministries are in the Kingdoms / Nations and the Church.
You are likely to learn to Minister on the job before you Minister in the Church.
- This is why the 5 Offices are said to be given by Christ “to men”.
- Only Saints function in the 5 Offices and 5 Ministries.
- But the Saints don’t function only in the Church.
We function at 2 levels.
- We do some of these functions as Lords.
- We do some of these functions as Kings.
A brother that I know went from one Ministry to another until he was doing all 5.
- He started in the Evangelistic Ministry preaching to get people born again.
- Then he moved into the Shepherding Ministry to gather the sheep together.
- Then into the Teaching Ministry to teach them their identity in Christ.
- Then into the Prophetic Ministry to prophesy destiny into them.
- Then was sent in Apostolic Ministry to a new location and people.
There in that new location he will transition the church into the Heavens.
- He is doing the work of all 5 Ministries.
- This is doing the work of the Ministry.
Every believer is meant to do the work of the Ministry.
- All are to come to Ministering in all 5 Ministries.
- Along the way we Minster to people.
- Some voluntarily give to meet our needs.
- Without us ever having to ask anyone for anything.
- In this way all of our needs are met.
- This is the way that it was for Jesus.
Jesus taught about giving and that all are to give.
- He never asked anyone for anything.
- He had all that He needed for Himself.
- And all that He needed for the 12.
- Those that He ministered to gave to Him without being asked.
Jesus was in all 5 of the 5 Offices.
- Some are called to one or more of the 5 Offices.
- Some aren’t called to any of them.
The Way up into the 5 Offices can vary.
- All begin by being trained to do one or even all of the works of the Ministry.
- Some move into the Office of Evangelist, Shepherd or Teacher.
- Then move up into the Office of Apostle or Prophet.
- All that move into one Office will end up in the Office of the Apostle or Prophet.
I began in the Teaching Ministry.
- I moved into the Evangelistic and Shepherding Ministries.
- I moved into the Office of the Teacher.
- Then into the Office of the Prophet.
- And finally into the Office of the Apostle.
- As an Apostle I am in all 5 Offices.
- And can train others up into all 5 Offices.
Here is what I heard when I was called:
“I am sending you as a Prophet to the Nations and a Teacher to the Church.”
- What does this statement of calling mean in terms of Offices and Ministries?
- I was sent in Apostolic Ministry as a Prophet and Teacher.
- Then I moved into the Office of the Apostle.
- At which point I was functioning in all 5 Offices and Ministries.
What is the purpose of the 5 Ministries?
- We do the Work of each Ministry.
- When fully equipped they do the work of the Ministry.
- The 5 Ministries transition the Saints into Heavenly Realms.
- This a transition into the 4 Faces of God.
- It is a transition into the Order of Melchizedek.
What is the purpose of the 5 Offices?
- To equip the Saints to do the work of the Ministry.
- To do the Work of the Ministry.
What are the purpose of Apostles and Prophets?
- They train up others into the Offices of Apostle and Prophet.
- They equip the Saints into their Ministries.
- They do the work of the Ministry.
- They are the Foundation for the Church.
- Apostles are one of the 12 Foundations of New Jerusalem (NJ).
What can we learn from the Pattern of 5 Offices, 5 Ministries and Foundation?
- We see that there is a level of doing the work.
- And a higher level that trains others to do the work.
- We see that we all do the work, but only some of us train others to do the work.
- We see at the highest level we build the building and become part of the building.
I see these kinds of patterns revealed in scripture for two reasons.
- To show us how we are to function in the specific area that is revealed.
- And to show us that all other similar areas function in the same way.
- What do I mean by this?
Let’s take the example of the 5 Offices, 5 Ministries and the Foundation of NJ.
- The Offices do the work of the Ministries.
- The Offices Equip the Saints to themselves do the work of the Ministries.
- Apostles and Prophets are the Foundation of the Church.
- Apostles are one of the 12 Foundations of NJ which is the Body of Christ.
These functions are revealed to us in the scriptures for several reasons.
- To show us how the Offices and Ministries relate to one another.
- To show us how they relate to the Body / Ecclesia.
- To show us the Big Picture Pattern that will apply to other levels too.
The 5 Offices and 5 Ministries relate to Lords and Lordship.
- Lords do the work of Serving / Building as Lords.
- At a higher level Lords train others to become Lords.
- Lords transition into Kings.
- Kings become a part of the building.
- This is the Big Picture pattern.
The same pattern will hold true for Kingship.
- And Sonship.
- And every level above Sonship.