Do the 5-fold Offices have a “Good until” Date?
Bill Brady 12/11/2018
The question that I have is do the 5-fold Offices have a “good until” date?
- My answer from Ephesians 4:11-16 is yes.
“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.”
The 5-fold equip the saints for the work of ministry.
- What ministry?
- The same ministry that they are doing.
- The ministry of the shepherd, of the evangelist, of the teacher, prophetic ministry and apostolic ministry.
Not Office level, but Ministry level.
- There are two levels of the same 5 functions.
- Those two levels are Office and Ministry.
- See 5 Offices and 5 Ministries for more understanding of the 5 Offices / 5 Ministries.
There will always be those functioning in 5-fold Offices / Ministries until…
- Until the Universal Ecclesia is full grown, perfect and complete.
- So, this is the “good until date” for the 5-fold office function.
- Every believer is meant to function in at least two of these 5 Ministries.
- Then to move on to be equipped / facilitated to function at higher levels.
Not every believer is called to function in 5-fold Offices.
- Some will never be called to the 5-fold Offices.
- All are meant to function in all 5-fold Ministries.
All are called to the Apostolic and Prophetic Ministries.
- The Apostolic Ministry is the Eagle Face of the 4 Faces of God.
- The Prophetic Ministry is the Ox Face of the 4 Faces of God.
There is also a “good until date” for those being equipped by the 5-fold.
- That date is when one has come to the unity of the faith.
- And to the unity of the knowledge of (experience of functioning as) the Son of God.
- And to a perfect man.
- And to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
- And to no longer being a child.
- These are 5 ways of saying the same thing.
They involve Jesus as the Son of Glory.
- This involves Jesus as Christ (King).
- This involves Jesus as Son.
- This involves Jesus as the Son of God which is the Son of God level.
- Together this is Jesus (and us) as the King of Glory.
A King of Glory is fully functioning in 3 Heavenly cities.
- Fully functioning in New Jerusalem as a King which is Christ as the Body of Christ.
- Fully functioning in Zion as a Son which is as the Crown of Christ.
- Fully functioning in Everlasting as a Son of God which is as Christ as Head.
This is a level of growth up into functioning in our sonship.
- It includes fully overcoming as a Son of God in the Wilderness.
- Jesus was at this level of growth when He came out of the Wilderness.
- He came out in the Power of the Spirit.
- He was functioning in the fullness of the Crown of Glory.
- This the Crown of Glory, Honor, Power, Blessing, Riches, Wisdom and Strength.
- He was manifesting this crown when He turned water into wine.
Jesus had overcome.
- He was ready to fully function as an Everlasting Father.
- He had the Blessing of Abraham.
- He was ready to bless the next generation.
- Just as Abraham had blessed Isaac.
- And Isaac had blessed Jacob.
- And Jacob had blessed his twelve sons who became the 12 tribes of Israel.
Jesus was fully equipped to fully father.
- Then and only then did He begin His earthly work.
- There is much to growing up into functioning in our sonship.
- Much more than we had first realized.
- The 5 Offices / Ministries function to prepare us until then.
Here is another scripture that says the same thing.
“For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.” Hebrews 5:12 – 6:2
- We do need to be taught at the start when we need milk.
- We are not meant to always need to be taught by others.
- We are all meant to become teachers in the Teaching Ministry.
In the Teaching Ministry we receive revelation from the Word of God.
- Then we teach the revelation that we have received.
- Most importantly, in Teaching Ministry, we each teach ourself.
See someone who has gathered the saints together to Journey together as a family.
- They are functioning in the Shepherding Ministry.
- They learned this from one who is functioning in the Office of the Shepherd.
See someone preaching.
- They sow the seed of the Word of God by functioning in Evangelistic Ministry.
- They learned this from one who is functioning in the Office of the Evangelist.
See someone prophesizing.
- They Have learned to see and hear and are manifesting the spirit of prophecy.
- At a higher level they may be functioning in the Ministry of the Prophet.
- The one in the Ministry of the Prophet is functioning in the Ox Face of God.
- They learned this from a father in the Office of the Prophet.
The one who is able to see the Big Picture is functioning in Apostolic Ministry.
- They are functioning in the Eagle Face of God.
- They learned this from a father who is functioning in the Office of the Apostle.
- They learn to father from this and other fathers.
- Apostles function in fathering.
We move up from the 5-fold Offices / Ministries to another 5-fold.
“For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:6-7
- This is the 5-fold of the Government of God.
- Sons functioning in sonship function in the Government of God.
- We sit on the Throne of David to do this.
Here is the 5-fold of the Government of God.
- Mighty God
- Everlasting Father
- Prince of Peace