Developing A Culture of Giving
by Bill Brady Ecclesia Framework
Ecclesia Framework has developed a culture of honor.
I see an emerging culture of giving.
- I see that buying and selling between believers will be replaced by giving.
- Faith works by love. Love gives. For God so loved the world that He gave…
The world’s economy is based on
- buying and selling.
- lending at interest.
The kingdom of God’s economy is an economy of love.
- Lending to another believer at no interest.
- Gladly forgiving the loan if necessary.
- At which point the no interest loan becomes a gift.
- The kingdom of God will replace every other kingdom.
- The kingdom of God’s economy will replace the world’s economy.
Based on a group encounter that I once participated in, I see:
- A world-wide network of kingdom small businesses being raised up.
- Networks of small businesses becoming kingdom commerce.
- Commerce becoming a national Kingdom economy.
- This is where we are going.
We give out of love to meet one another’s need.
- Listen to the prompting of Holy Spirit.
- We give from hearing a mandate.
- We give generously not out of compulsion / guilt / duty ( Corinthians)
- Love requires that we meet the need of our natural families.
- Love requires that we meet the need of our heavenly family.
- Each is to work to meet their own need. (Like Jesus and Paul did ). No full time staff.
- Family makes up the difference if one is unable to work.
- Or if full time work doesn’t bring in enough.
- We are to take care of our own widows and orphans.
- Love requires that we take care of our own.
We don’t believe in full time paid staff being on salary.
- This is characteristic of the old wineskin.
- Look where that got us to.
- We don’t want to go back to doing that again.
We don’t believe in charging for revelation that we have received.
- It is wrong trading to do so.
- It opens us up to demonic influence.
We do believe in asking for a donation in return for time spent in working.
- It is not wrong to ask for a donation for the hard work involved in study, preparation and presentation of that revelation.
- Revelation is freely given to us by God.
- Revelation is to be freely given by us to His people.
- It is wrong to restrict revelation to only to those who pay for it.
- It is not wrong to ask for a donation to cover the work involved in presenting that revelation or packaging that revelation for presentation
- Especially when that time spent prevents taking on a part time job for pay.
- It is OK to not donate when you are unable to donate.
Giving is not just of money.
- It may be of time.
- It may be of skill.
In all of this the law of sowing and reaping applies.
- We reap what we sow.
- We don’t reap without sowing.
- Until we reach Zion.
- Then the law of abundance replaces the law of sowing and reaping.
- Then we reap without sowing.