Bill Brady 7/11/18
This page is being written to aid me in my fathering of this family.
- It is not for general circulation.
- If it has been sent to you because you and I are in father / son relationship.
- And I want for you to understand family.
- And to become family.
We are a house.
- With Jane and myself as fathers.
- Jane is our founding father.
- She is my father too.
- I am in relationship with Jane both as her son.
- And as one of a team of fathers who are fathering this family.
You are in relationship with me as a son.
- You can acknowledge a person as your father.
- But not be in relationship to them as a father.
- And there are levels of that relationship.
Fathers and emerging fathers in this house currently know both Jane and myself.
- As we grow it will not always be that way.
- We won’t be able to father everyone by relationship.
- Most will have their intimate fathering relationship with one of our sons.
- With one of you.
We are now learning what it means to have sons begin to father in this house.
- Jane and I have let go and let sons begin to father.
- Not just facilitation, but active fathering.
- By intimate relationship.
Most sons need intimate relationship with a father in order to grow into sonship.
- Then to move into and grow into fathering.
- Then to move into and grow into fathering fathers.
A few don’t need this intimate relationship with a father.
- Those few have destiny to go ahead as forerunners of forerunners.
- These few are designed to not need that relationship.
- They get what they need from Father alone.
- There is no one ahead of them to father them.
- So they are able to forerun for the forerunners.
The rest of us need a combination.
- Of Fathering from Father.
- And fathering from fathers.
- It’s a balance for each of us.
It must not become old wineskin or pastoral.
- A father is not a covering for a son.
- A father is not over a son.
- A father is under a son facilitating that son into sonship.
The son does their own personal journey on their own.
- With only that input that is necessary from the father.
- Nothing more.
- Nothing less.
- Some sons need more.
- Some less.
- If the father gives more than needed, then the son may become dependent.
- If the father gives less than what is needed, then the son may not launch out.
- The goal is to produce an independent son who has confident faith in Father.
The same process applies when it comes to moving out into fathering.
- The right balance of relationship is needed.
- From a father to a son to facilitate the son moving into fathering.
- Encouragement and availability.
- Every father will find the balance with each son.
And again when the new father begins to move into fathering fathers.
- Every step of the way the father is available to the son.
- And the father / son relationship continues to develop into something new.
- Based on the current need of the son for fathering.
- And there is a new balance of fathering / Fathering .
- Fathers always point sons to Father.
Along with this developing father / son relationship is responsibility.
- Sons who begin fathering are taking on responsibility.
- Not for sons, but for fathering sons.
- Fathers who are fathering fathers are responsible for that fathering.
- But they are not responsible for fathering the sons of those fathers.
Think of this in terms of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- They all have Abraham for their father. (So do we.)
- They are all part of Abraham’s house. (So are we.)
- They all receive from Abraham as a father.
- But Abraham only actively fathered Isaac.
- And Abraham is only responsible for his fathering of Isaac.
- Isaac is only responsible for his fathering of Jacob.
Each of us is only responsible for fathering first generation sons.
- Our grandsons are fathered by our sons.
- At the same time that we are fathering new first generation sons.
This explains the dynamics and the nature of our relationships within a house.