By Donna Irizarry
Dividing Soul from Spirit
By Donna Irizarry
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul (ne’phesh Hebrew meaning) and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Soul = ne’phesh
When writing about the soul, the Bible writers used the Hebrew word neʹphesh or the Greek word psy·kheʹ.
• The spirit and soul are intertwined within the nature of each of person.
• You are a spirit, you have a soul and you live in a body.
Spirit = ru’ach
Dividing the soul from the spirit:
• In the Hebrews 4:12 scripture is saying that word of Gos is powerful and living to do so.
• The word does the dividing.
• We are told to renew our mind.
• Our soul (mind, will, emotions) wants to dominate.
• The soul looks to get its own needs met.
• We look for approval, affirmation, affection from others. (A form of trading).
• We need to know who God created us to be.
3 things that have shaped us..
3 levels of transformation:
• Skinning (behavior patterns)
• Thoughts and intents of the heart (trading)
• The bone and marrow (seed-line, bloodline).
The reason we need to allow the word to divide our soul from our spirit:
• Our spirit needs to be in a state of freedom so that our soul can be free.
• Spirit needs to lead
• Spirit needs to be on the outside
• Spirit and soul work together
• So our spirit can reveal to the soul and body what it is doing.
Same things that indicate Soul blockages.
• If thinking is off
• Controlled by feelings
• Self (I) is on the throne
Some ways to allow your spirit to be in union with your soul:
• Ask Jesus to remove anything that is pulling you down.
• Soak in Jesus love.
• You can hover over your spirit and release heavens frequency.
• You can bless your spirit and call it to attention. (David blessed his spirit).
• You can engage the Law Of the Spirit Of Life (Law Of Jerusalem). The Law Of the spirit of life has set me free from the Law Of sin and death.
• Engage the cross.
• Continually by the renewing your mind with the Word of God (Rom. 12:2).
• Believe in the finished work.
Father, I thank You that you have given us the provision in Hebrews 4:12
That says … Your Word is like a two edged sword being able to pierce
Father, today by faith I ask Jesus take me by the hand and walk through this process with me.
Father, I am a spirit being, that has a soul that lives in a physical body.
Father, I take Your word that says your word is sharper than any two edged sword and by faith I begin to speak to my soul and spirit.
I speak to the conditioning of my soul where it has fed off my spirit.
Lord I repent for allowing my soul to dominate.
I repent for anything that gives my soul reason to dominate my spirit.
Father, I ask that you forgive me.
Jesus, I ask that You sever anything that tries to keep my soul in control.
Lord By faith I judge myself to life.
My soul is now under my spirit.
My body is under my soul.
I am a living being one with the Lord.
I love my spirit, soul and my body.
I thank You Lord that I can live forever.
I celebrate this Newness of life.
I walk in Your love and Your goodness.