The Three Separations to Mature Sonship Part Three
by Bill Brady
You have done a lot of dying.
- I should clarify, it’s a dying to.
- You died once with Jesus.
- This happened when you were baptized.
- Death is a separation.
- First separation is from sin.
- It is a separation from dead works and to living works.
- Believe that you have been separated from dead works to living works and you experience the separation.
- It is faith in Jesus’ work for you on the cross.
- Second separation is from self-government.
- Jesus is our King.
- Until we are separated from our self-government we remain king.
- Again, it is by faith in having died with Him on the cross.
The third separation is from self.
- Until this happens we have a record of our past and live from that record of a sense of who we have been.
- Until then we are a reflection of both who we are in Jesus and who we have always been.
- We believe to this final separation and then we are only who we are in Christ.
- We still have memory of our past but that person is no longer in our present.
The Bible doesn’t use a word for self or ego.
- It simply uses the word “I” in a way that is clearly full of self in a negative way or not.
- The word “I” either contains humility or pride.
- It contains self-exaltation or the humility that comes before God exalts us..
- We have this idea in mind when we say that someone is “full of himself.”
- This is the “I” that Satan used when he said “I will” about becoming like God.
- This is the “I” that Adam and Eve first spoke after the fall.
- This the “I” that has the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil as its source.
- These two “Is” are seen in Paul’s statement, “I am crucified with Christ and I no longer live.”
- Paul’s proud “I” died.
- He was separated from that “I”.
- His humble “I” remained.
- This is the “I” that has the Tree of Life as its source.
- This is the “I” that remains.
Untethering and Tethering
- This is an untethering from the old and a tethering to the new.
- I think of Spiderman web-shooting his way over a city street.
- He shoots a web to the new building ahead of him.
- Then he releases his web from the old building behind him.
- By doing this he swings above the street from building to building.
- The full process of separation involves three rounds of untethering and tethering.
- We untether from or proud old creation “I”.
- We tether to our humble new creation “I”.
- Only our new creation “I” remains.
This will be experienced as a series of mandates.
- You will flow with each of these mandates.
- Until you reach a full and final separation.