The Three Separations of Sonship Part One
Bill Brady Edited 11/28/2018
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
A sculptor was asked how he was able to carve an angel out of a block of stone.
- The sculptor said, “It’s easy. I just carve away everything that’s not angel.”
- The sculptor separated the angel from all of the stone surrounding it.
- This left just angel.
When we are born again we are like that stone angel.
- We are a new creation inside an old creation.
- We are a new creation needing to be separated from our old creation.
We still need to be separated from three things.
- We need to be separated from the way that we have always done things.
- We need to be separated from being in charge of our own life.
- We need to be separated from a sense of self.
- That is separate from our experience of oneness with God.
We need to be separated from the way that we have always done things.
- Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Anything that we say or do that is not like God won’t please Him.
- Anything that we say or do on our own apart from Him won’t please God.
The Bible calls things that we say or do “works”.
- We are to stop saying or doing anything on our own.
- How can we do this?
- We can try to stop doing things on our own by doing something about it.
- But then, that is doing something on our own to try to stop doing things on our own.
- There is a better way.
“For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.”
- God created the heavens and the earth is six days.
- On the 7th day God rested from all His works.
We come to rest from our works by entering into His 7th day rest from His works.
- The works that we are to turn away from are any works that we do on our own.
- As opposed to works that we do with Him.
Anything that we do or say apart from God does not have His life in it.
- God is alive.
- He is living.
- What He does has His life in it.
- God only does living works.
- Anything that we do apart from God is a dead work.
Works that we do with God are living works.
- They come from the flow of Holy Spirit.
- They also reflect our blueprint which is our destiny scroll.
- They are works of co-building with the Master Builder of the universe who is Jesus.
- And of flowing with the Holy Spirit.
- They are living works because Jesus is the Life.
- They are living works because Holy Spirit is the River of Life.
We are told, “Labor to enter into this rest.”
- We work to enter rest from our own works.
- And we come to enter His rest.
- How can we work to enter rest from our own works?
Jesus was once asked a question about this.
“What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
- Here is Jesus’ answer.
“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
- The work that we do to come to rest from our own works is the work of faith.
- It is the work of believing in Jesus’ work for us on the cross.
We can experience coming to rest from works that we do on our own.
- It is a being set free from doing and saying things on our own.
- It is a separation from doing and saying things on our own.
Death is a separation.
- When a person dies they are separated from the living.
- The person who has died is separated from their body.
- We know that this is only a temporary separation.
We need to be separated from doing and saying things on our own.
- The Good News is that we already have been separated.
- We were separated when Jesus was separated.
- We died when Jesus died.
- We died once with Jesus when He died.
“Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?”
- We were baptized with Jesus when He was baptized.
“…one Lord, one faith, one baptism…”
- We became one with Jesus in this one death when we were baptized.
- Now we know this truth.
We can simply chose to believe it.
- Sin is doing anything apart from faith.
- Believe that you have already been separated from sin.
- When you believe you experience a separation.
- You are now free from sin.
- You enter into God’s rest.
Once we enter into God’s rest then we can enter into New Jerusalem.
- We can visit New Jerusalem many times before we enter into it.
- Entering in this sense is not the time that we first visit.
Think of Jesus.
- He visited Jerusalem many times.
- Jesus entered Jerusalem the week before His crucifixion.
- His entering in as the acknowledged Christ.
- It was His Triumphal Entry.
Our own triumphal entry into New Jerusalem is the end of us being our own king.
- Up until then we had two kings: ourselves and Jesus.
- Now we have one King.
- During our triumphal entry there will be a crowd cheering us on.
- We now enter into the beginning of our sonship.
This is one of the key steps on the way up to NJ.
- You can step into this by the word as I have here on this page.
- And / or you can step into it by encountering the 9 fire stones.
- Let them do their work of preparing you for NJ.
- Brings increase in fruit of the Spirit.
Love is the fulfillment of the law.
- And a result of the work of the Holy Spirit in out lives.
- Love does no injury to another.
Perfect love casts out all fear.
- And is complete separation from dead works.
- The more that we are filled with love the more living works flow out of us.
Separation from dead works is also living from the tree of life.
- It allows for a full flow of life.
- Any work that we do that is from a flow of life is a living work.