DON’T WITHDRAW – WE ARE FAMILY
AN ECCLESIA IS A FAMILY.
- At Ecclesia Framework we have a culture of honor.
- Sometimes we unknowingly fail to fully honor one another.
- Just like any family offences are bound to come.
- Something will be said.
- Something will be done.
- Someone will take something the wrong way.
- And someone will be offended.
THERE ARE MANY POSSIBLE RESPONSES TO OFFENCE.
- Some responses are good.
- Some are not so good.
- We can choose to forgive and say nothing.
- This is a good response to a minor offence.
WE CAN CHOOSE TO SAY NOTHING AND WITHDRAW FROM PARTICIPATION I NTHE ECLESIA.
- This deprives us of fellowship and input from our brothers and sisters.
- It also deprives our brothers and sisters of the benefit of fellowshipping with us.
- We can choose to say nothing and leave the ecclesia. This can leave us isolated.
- There aren’t that many heavenly realms ecclesias and it takes some time to build relationships. Our growth can unnecessarily be slowed due to withdrawal.
WHAT IS THE PROPER RESPONSE TO OFFENCE?
- First of all it is best not to be offended to begin with.
- Be quick to forgive.
- If something is a source of hurt, then let the one who hurt you know.
- If you disagree with something that is said, then try to dialog to mutual understanding.
- Or choose to agree to disagree.
- We can agree on Jesus.
- We can agree to disagree about minor differences.
FAMILIES STICK TOGETHER.
- Families argue.
- Families fight.
- In our modern world husbands and wives frequently divorce.
- Brothers and sisters don’t divorce.
- Even when brothers and sisters aren’t speaking to each other they are still family.
FAMILIES STICK TOGETHER.
- This is true of families without Jesus.
- How much more is it true of us who are united with Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit and with one another.
AS MANIFEST SONS WE HAVE A JOB TO DO THAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT ALL OF CREATION IS WAITING ON US TO DO IT.
- We can’t afford to be offended for long or at all.
- We can’t afford to withdraw from one another.
- We need one another.
- And we are meant to work together.
DON’T WITHDRAW. WE ARE FAMILY.
A Song of Ascents. Of David.
133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—
4 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.