How to Heal Others or Yourself in the Spirit written by Greg Cook.
Would you like to know how to heal others long distant or even work with God to heal yourself? Read on and you will learn what God Himself taught me about this over time. I call it healing “in the spirit” and I believe God can use anyone this way, anyone who is willing. As Jesus taught, “Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8) Jesus also said, “Anything is possible with God” (Matthew 19:26) and “Anything is possible for the one who believes” (Mark9:23), meaning that healing others this way is possible.
HOW IT ALL BEGAN
So how did this start? Well, I am an intercessor and while praying for someone, I suddenly found myself as if in a vision standing right in front of the person. The Lord showed me the person and He showed me their need, as well as how to pray for them. In John 16:13, Jesus said, “The Spirit will guide you…” and concerning prayer, Romans 8:26 says, “The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” The Spirit was showing me the person and their need and how to pray.
So I prayed as if I were right there with them. I am unsure what the results were now but this had such an impact on me that I asked the Lord for more and found myself experiencing this almost every time I prayed for someone. Each time was a little different. For instance, in one case I might find myself doing surgery but in another case, I might just be just laying my hands on someone and praying as if right there with them. The applications seem to be endless, as again, “Anything is possible with God” and in the spirit realm.
DOES IT WORK?
The answer to that is a resounding yes! Yes, yes, yes! Yes, it works well! After all, it is really just prayer and Jesus said, “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours”(Mark 11:24). I am a believer so it works for me. J
While not everyone I pray for this way gets healed, I have seen many healed through this means. For instance, one person needed bowel surgery and for them, I found myself — that is, Christ in me (Galatians 2:20) — operating on them “in the spirit” to remove the dead bowel and replace it new bowels. I laid hands on them to heal the wound. When I next spoke with the daughter of this person, she said that the surgery had been cancelled because the bowels were fine.
In another example, my friend who was in another state across the country asked me to pray for his hand. As I prayed, I saw his hand “in the spirit.” I wasn’t sure what to do, so I simply prayed, “Lord, help me.” Then I saw an angel come, cut the hand open, pull some tissue out, operate on the wound and then lay hands on the wound to heal it. It glowed with a brilliant light. When I asked my friend about his hand, he said it was mysteriously healed instantly.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
I have already said this a couple times now, but Jesus said, “Anything is possible for the one who believes” (Mark 9:23) and “anything is possible with God” (Matthew 19:26). All is by faith (Romans 14:23) and being “in the spirit” was actually common in the Bible and the things that happen in the spirit really happen. Let’s look at a few scriptures…
Ezekiel said, “…the Spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door…” Ezekiel 8:3
Ezekiel said, “The Spirit lifted me up and brought me to the exiles in Babylonia in the vision given by the Spirit of God.” Ezekiel 11:24
Ezekiel said, “The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones.” Ezekiel 37:1
Ezekiel said, “Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court…” Ezekiel 43:5
Acts 8:39 says, “When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again…” Note that this was literal travel “by the Spirit,” and not “in the Spirit.”
Paul wrote, “I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know–God knows.” 2 Corinthians 12:2
Four times, John says, “I was in the Spirit…” Revelation 1:10, 4:2, 17:3, and 21:10
Each of these scriptures shows that we can “travel” by the Spirit of God either literally or as in a vision.
SO WHAT CAN WE DO?
Again, the applications appear to be endless…
First, anything you can do in the natural, you can do in the spirit, such has simply pray or decree, lay hands on the person, anoint them with oil or water, do surgery, etc. Of course, in the spirit, you can be more aggressively. For instance, with surgery, you could replace any body part or organ entirely. I have given people new bowels, new hearts, new brains, new hands, etc. I once pulled off of someone with diabetes what looked like webbing.
Second, you can do things that you could never do in the natural, things that seem outlandish in the spirit and have profound effects in the natural. For instance, you can cover them with the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, send water using flood waters, waterfalls or rain to wash issues away, send strong winds to blow issues away, send fire to burn issues up, send light to clear darkness and heal issues, etc, etc. You can even do things like rewire a person’s brain or pull scales off of eyes or even transfigure them with the Light of Christ or fill them with the love of God, joy, the anointing or power or anything really. Still more, you can invite the Lord or His angels (be sure to call HIS HOLY angels and not just angels) to do things with you or through you or for you. Many times the Lord or His angels would just come and take over and do whatever needed to be done automatically.
To figure out what to do, ask God, but if you need a reference, consider anything that others did in the Bible. For instance, Elijah called down fire (1 Kings 1:20, 1 Kings 18:38), Moses had God bring down thunder (Exodus 9:23-24), hail, rain and fire, God strikes with lightning and with hail (Job 36:30-33,Psalm 78:48, Psalm 105:32), God “divides” with a sword, the Word (Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 149:6), God sends angels (Psalm 91, Luke 4:10). Look at any way the Jesus healed, too, touched, commanded, declared, decreed, spit in the dirt and put that on a man’s eyes, spit on a man’s eyes, etc, etc.
The bottom line is, be open to do whatever the Spirit leads you to do knowing that the ways to do things are truly limitless with God.
Everything starts with desire (Matthew 5:6) and prayer (Matthew 7:7, James 4:3). If you want this, you have to ask God for it. You cannot just start doing it, unless you intend to use occult means, which those without Christ do. So let’s pray…
Father in heaven, open my eyes to see in the Spirit, open my mind to understand how to do it, and show me how to walk in the Spirit and bring healing to others. Let me do this out of love for You and others and for Your glory and their benefit. Let others be healed, even instantly. Work in me and through me to do this. Teach me what I need to know to operate and flow in this. Thank You for answering this prayer, for You said, ask and it will be given to me, and that I am to believe I received what I asked for. I receive all this now, in Jesus’ name, amen!
ACTIVATION: STEPS TO FOLLOW
The steps are really simple. It all boils down to trusting God and following His lead. Remember this, always… Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 18:3) You must receive everything from your heavenly Father like a little child! There is no other way!
1) Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. Relax and begin to pray. Ask God to show you the person in question or ask Him to show you someone in need (you do not have to know them). Ask Him to give you a vision of this person and their need. If you already know what they look like or what’s going on, focus on that.
2) Simply observe what comes to mind. Focus on the person and the issue you want to address until you know more. Questions are important. Ask them! Ask God, what needs to happen? Wait for Him to show you. If He wants you to do anything, He WILL show you! For instance, you may suddenly zoom into the area needing ministry.
3) Follow what seems to be intuition as this is the Lord showing you what to do. Simply do or act on what comes to mind. If you don’t know what to do, ask God! Always ask God! He is ALWAYS ready to show you what to do if you will simply ask. And if you do not understand something, again, ask God to explain it to you. If something seems odd, take note of it but realize that anything in the spirit is possible and if you want to know more about it, again, ask God about it.
4) Keep looking for what else might need to be ministered to until you feel released from it. Keep asking God, “What’s next? What do you want to work on now? Is there anything else?”
5) Always, always, always be thankful and end your time with thanksgiving and praise. “Thank you Lord for allowing me to minister to this person this way and allowing me to be a part of their healing. Thank you for healing them.”
IMPORTANT KEYS FOR YOUR SUCCESS
1) Never try to force anything to happen. Always rest and trust and follow God’s lead. This is God’s ministry, not yours and He knows what to do. Go with the flow of the vision given you. THE key is always ask, wait expectantly and trust what is given you. If you get nothing, keep asking and expecting or move on.
2) Always remain humble. It is a privilege, not a right. It’s not about you. It’s about God. It’s about ministry. It’s about God’s glory. It’s about helping others. And it’s about surrender. You allow Him to minister through you. You are merely a vessel. In many cases, you — Christ in you — will instinctively know what to do and just do it. Keep in mind that, in the Spirit, you are just like Christ — you and He are truly one.
3) No matter how weird, odd, or strange something may seem, go with it. Trust God. Trust that what you see is what you need to see or that what you are doing is what you need to do. If something stands out and you do not know why, assume it stands out for a reason and ask God what it means. For instance, I was ministering to someone with cancer and saw an oxygen mask. I thought it was odd but later found out she had lung problems too.
4) Be bold and be aggressive. This is warfare and you are in charge. In the Spirit, you are able to do literally anything you can imagine. There are no limits in the Spirit. As noted above, Jesus said, “ANYTHING is possible for the one who believes.” If you can believe it, you can receive it.
5) I recommend you document the experience in detail as this will minister to you and give you a testimony. I try to write it out as it happened, remembering the specifics that stand out for me.
6) If you do not get anything, either move on to something else or to someone else, or just keep asking and waiting. Just keep asking, “Lord, what about…?” God wants to minister through you more than you want it. As many are hurting and in need of the Lord, and everyone seems to have some issue, you will not lack opportunities to minister. It’s all up to you, how willing you are, how much time you have and are willing to spend on this, and how willing you are to surrender and yield to the process. While the process is up to God, you decide how far to go with this because God is unlimited.
7) You can use this on anyone anywhere at any time, and even use it on yourself. If you want to work on yourself, just follow the same steps but focus on your need or ask God what He wants to work on.
ONE CRITICAL POINT!
As you minister, it is critical to see the person as healed, whole and well, at least by the time you finish. In one vision, the Lord showed me that intention is the currency of the spirit realm. What you intend to be, will be, so focus on healing and seeing the person completely healed, delivered and free. And if you want help, ask God, “How do you see them or this?” He WILL show you.
I HIGHLY recommend you listen to what is taught on this video to see how important this is:
How To Pray In Power – Gregg Braden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JMELyhuvws
Note: I do not necessarily agree with everything Gregg Braden teaches, or is about, but he is right on in this video.
If you would like to hear from others on this topic, please visit Praying Medic’s web sites:
Join our Facebook page: Ecclesia Framework to receive regular updates and daily updated content.
Click here to sign up to the Heavenly Realms page.
CEO. Jane Johnson B.Com Grad Dip LD, Dip Coaching.
Jane has worked in many different leadership capacities from being a professionally qualified Christian Leadership Coach for 13 years to many Christian leaders, to leading a ministry with the Navigators, to being a Senior Learning and Development Manager of a multimillion corporation, advising the management team on strategic approaches to get the best out of their people. She has developed considerable experience with Investors in People taking several companies through to successful accreditation and training as a consultant for them. Hence she understands the amazing impact a tool based on this principle can have.
Connect with her on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/profile/viewid=287940854&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile