As the CEO of the Church Excellence Framework, this has been an exciting year where we feel the Lord has given many a rough blueprint for what needs to happen to restore the reputation of the church. Here are a few things we believe in passionately and believe are highly backed up scripturally and in practice.
- Principle that Quality Relationships result in Engagement more than content so reducing heavy listening content and more net weaving.
- Allowing Debate and Questioning as a key tool for learning that allows doubt to be expressed.
- Encouraging greater unity with other Christian denominations and Christian organizations by seeing more products advertised and working with other churches and city councils.
- Encouraging Trust and Believing the Best in Others particularly new people moving from a “we need to get to know you” philosophy, which slows down disciplemaking and breeds resentment.
- Moving from Teaching to Learning with emphasis on outcomes such as growth of believer not input such as how many are in small groups.
- Multiplication and one-on-one Disciple-making (2 Tim 2:2) not just group discipling.
- Encouraging more Church Transparency and Lives that Invite Feedback and Development.
- Moving from “Shouting on the Mountaintop”, i.e. preaching in a church mainly full of believers to “Immersing in the Culture” and strong missional component that is based in the community not just in the church.
- Encouraging lots of resources to be given to people even if from different parts of the Body of Christ to restore the view we are one body not a location or denomination.
- Establishing a culture of Honouring People, evaluating how people are loved and treated fairly, “All men will know you are my disciples if you love one another” (John 13:34).
- Supporting Christians in the Marketplace (Being Salt and Light) with support in character, outreach techniques and calling or spiritual gifts.
- Bringing the charismatic, contemplative, community care, evangelistic, mystic style churches into one church rather than churches specializing, on the basis that all elements are biblical and not to be excluded.
We have many other aspects listed in our framework if you would like to get more info at www.churchexcellenceframework.com
To review the studies included in the Framework and find out why we have concluded these things you will need to see the notes which are available for download here.
Please also share our blog to allow others to review and contribute – we need everyone, not just leaders, to play their part in building a church that others want to come to.
CEO. Jane Johnson B.Com Grad Dip LD, Dip Coaching,
Jane has worked in many different leadership capacities from being a professionally qualified Christian Leadership Coach for 13 years to many Christian leaders, to leading a ministry with the Navigators, to being a Senior Learning and Development Manager of a multimillion corporation, advising the management team on strategic approaches to get the best out of their people. She has developed considerable experience with Investors in People taking several companies through to successful accreditation and training as a consultant for them. Hence she understands the amazing impact a tool based on this principle can have.
Connect with her on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/profile/viewid=287940854&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile