Blog from CEO of the Church Excellence Framework
Bringing the church back to more relevance
We are excited that many are now interested and sense God calling us back to a more biblical ecclesia definition of church and away from institutional Christianity which we believe has a lot of ways of operating that are not working and do not have the DNA of the bible . The framework proposes some practical methods and principles to move us in that direction.
Here are a sample of some principles that are incorporated in the framework
- Returning the church to the original definition of Ecclesia that all people have authority and involvement, not just leaders
- Church serving the people not the people serving the church vision
- Moving to senior pastor as a facilitator rather than the person who must give permission before people are allowed to act in their area of passion.
- Clarifying and serving the Calling of People vs Serving the Church vision, even if outside church activities
- Priesthood of All Believers and Every Member Ministry ( 1 Peter 2: 9) to allow less pressure on paid pastors
- Bringing back the Five Fold Ministry (Eph 5) ensuring tha tevery church has apostolic oversight, their is a role for the evangelist and teachers are not the senior pastors responsible for a lot of admin that is not their gifting.
- Increasing understanding of the heavenly court systems and unseen realities of heaven that have been hidden from traditional church teaching
- More effective methods of Empowering Establishing and Equipping of the Saints going beyond small groups and sermons.
- Moving from “Connecting to a Church” to Measures of Transformation
- Moving away from Attraction Model to Discipling Model – Platforms for Community Engagement not Concert Attendance
- Moving towards measuring “Numbers of disciples effectively equipped and able to reach out ” versus “Numbers attending Church”
- Changing the staffing structure from appointing ministry roles to appointing by critical Functions such as HR and Communications, Head of Spiritual Operations, Head of Evangelism. Avoiding pastors seeking to do numerous tasks not in alignment with their gifting
- Principle that Quality Relationships result in engagement more than content so reducing heavy listening content and more netweaving.
- Allowing Debate and Questioning as a key tool for Learning
- Encouraging greater unity with other Christian denominations and Christian organizations by seeing more products advertised and working with other churches and city council.
- Allowing people to share prophesy in services and minister to others as a regular event
- Encouraging Trust and Believing the Best in Others particularly new people moving from ” we need to get to know you” philoshosy which slows down disciplemaking and breeds resentment.
- Moving from Teaching to Learning with emphasis on outcomes such as growth of believer not input such as how many in small groups
- Multiplication and one-on-one Disciple-making (2 Tim 2:2) not just group discipling
- Encouraging more Church Transparency and Lives that Invite Feedback and Development
- Moving from “Shouting on the Mountaintop” ie preaching in a church mainly full of believers to “Immersing in the Culture”
- Encouraging lots of resources to be given to people even if from different parts of the Body of Christ
- Honouring People, evaluating how people are loved and treated fairly “All men will know you are my disciples if you love one another” (John 13:34)
- Encouraging Creativity in Spiritual formation and Cross fertilization of Ideas
- Interactive Action Learning that supports developing a genuine relationship with God
- Going to Non-believers in their situation and Walking with Them (Missional Community) rather than inviting people to our environment
- Supporting Christians in the Marketplace (Being Salt and Light)
- Returning the church to the original definition of Ecclesia that all people have authority and involvement not just leaders
- Bringing the charismatic, contemplative, community care, evangelistic, mystic style churches into one church rather than churches specializing, on the basis that all elements are biblical and not to be excluded.
We have found a great resource on helping people understand more of the disciple making principles encouraged by the framework –
see here http://churchanarchist.com/real-discipleship-creates-disciple-makers
This blog can be reproduced as long as we are notified.
CAN YOU HELP US?
If you agree with these principles can we ask that you send this to your pastor and talk to him about his response- also asking if they undertake any church health exercises. It is Gods Church and the peoples church, not the pastors church remember. We have a right to discuss good biblical principles with our leaders and if they are good leaders they will be happy to discuss things without being defensive.
We would like to post on topics you are interested in so please do let us know in the comments section below , what you want to know about and also we are interested in hearing from you on what you want to see in church that you are not currently.
Also we would appreciate you sharing our blog with others to help build a more relevant church that is reaching a greater number of people.
To see the actual framework for a limited time go to www.churchexcellenceframework.com