4 Chambers of the Heart: Lakah – Garden of the Heart
By Donna Irizarry
Lakah – Garden of the Heart
- Personal Garden
- First Chamber
Lakah – The Garden Of the Heart = I want to have relationship with you.
Ex 6:7 Then I will take you for My people, and I will be your God; and you shall know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- Our heart is designed to reflect our spirit and heaven to be a garden where God can walk with us today
- Cultivating the garden of our heart is key in gaining intimacy with the Lord.
- This is so that the presence of God could come out of the realm of Eden and walk into my garden.
- “And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool [afternoon breeze} of the day” (Genesis 3:8 AMP).
I can have fellowship with Him in my garden.
- Awake, 0 north wind,
- And come, south wind [blow softly (upon my garden}.
- Make my garden breathe out fragrance, [for the one in whom my soul delights},
- Let its spices flow forth.
- Let my beloved come into his garden and eat its choicest fruits” (Song of Solomon 4:16 AMP).
Our heart is our very core where soul and spirit are joined in the secret place of intimacy…
- In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation garden of your life. James 1:21 (MSG)
- Your heart is God’s garden just waiting to flourish, so let’s join Him in cultivating it! Whether you are an experienced gardener or not, you have the opportunity to join Him as He gardens your heart.
When you go through things with the Lord, you can plant as a living record (a seed) of the testimony.
- Plant a seed of each victory in your garden praying, “Father this is a seed that will grow into a plant, flower, tree, etc. inside my garden as a testimony to what we have done together here today.”
- If you have never planted something, your heart will be a desert.
- The garden is designed to be an emotional experience touching our senses.
~ Lakah is a place for relationship.
- Ex 6:7 Then I will take you for My people, and I will be your God; and you shall know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- As we engage the process our relationship with the Lord will grow deeper.
~ Lakah is a place of fellowship.
- Genesis 3:8 tell us that the first man, Adam, walked with God “in the cool of the day.”
- We don’t know how long this fellowship took place. But it must have been special.
~ Lakah is a place to share your heart. It’s a peaceful way to share your heart and to get perspective on the life that’s happening around you.
- There is something very special about walking with someone you love in a garden.
- For anyone who loves to garden, you know the peace that comes with planting, watering, and watching beautiful things grow and mature.
John 19:41 says, “Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid.”
- It’s so fitting that our Lord Jesus would be laid to rest in a garden.
~ Lakah is a place of Rest.
- Matthew 11:29 says, “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find REST for your souls.”
- Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
~ Lakah is ‘A place of victory’
- Our victorious King has just conquered sin and Satan at the cross.
- He’s victorious over death by His resurrection.
- Then Mary Magdalene comes to the tomb, finds the stone rolled away with two angels standing by, and she proceeds to mistake the risen Christ for the gardener.
- But Jesus is alive, and death is conquered through Him!
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 says, “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?”
~ Lakah is ‘A place of delight’
- Revelation 2:7 says, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’
- The word “paradise” also means the garden of delight.
~ Lakah is a place to commune with Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit.
- If any hears my voice I will come in and commune with him.
~ Lakah is a place of abiding.
- John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
~ Lakah Is place to “Just be”
- ~ Lakah is a place of restoration.
- I will restore what the locust have eaten.
- Open you heart.
- Open the door of first love. (Jesus is knocking)
- Sit in His presence. ‘Come up Here’.
- Ask Jesus take you by the hand and walk with you into the garden of your heart.
- Feel the freedom the joy of walking with Him.
- Start to think of how you want your garden to be.
- Let the creative thoughts of tending and cultivating your garden form in your mind.
- You might want to plant a (seed) a testimony, an Encounter, a scripture in your garden.
- You may want to take some water from the river of life and water your garden.
- Speak life to the seed and see it grow.